Search Engine Analysis
SEO analysis is a tool to study the strengths and weaknesses of a website’s SEO and how they might improve a given website’s ranking on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This involves the use of several tools to assess a website, keyword rankings, traffic, and other aspects of an SEO strategy.
With an SEO analysis, one can find what aspects of your SEO strategy are working and what your biggest obstacles are that are preventing you from improving your site ranking.
Simply stated, an SEO analysis is a must to gain higher rankings, expand reach, drive traffic, and attain your business objectives. With an analysis, you’re no longer experimenting; you’re given real results in order to make strategic decisions, which reduces time and resources spent.
Without a thorough SEO analysis of your site, it’s difficult to make informed decisions for improving your site’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Where SEO analysis gets complicated is in the breadth and depth of data and tools that are available.
Key Items Included in an SEO Analysis
Comprehensive SEO analyses reports should begin with detailing top competitors in your industry and their SEO performance.
Commonly reported data results comprise different aspects of an SEO analysis report:
- Keyword performance reports that include current rank, difficulty to rank, monthly searches, organic CTR, and competitor keywords.
- Backlinks audit to identify spammy, low quality links.
- Off-page linking building reports to measure link building activities.
- Page performance data, such as load speed and navigation.
- Information about site layout and structure.
- Content audit that identifies repetitive/duplicate content and pages lacking in content.
- Use of alt text for images.
- Use of meta descriptions.
- Use of social media integration.
- Responsiveness of site design on desktop and mobile.
These are just a few items one might see on a comprehensive SEO analysis report.
As you can see, an SEO analysis is vital to your long-term success. When you have the right tools in place and develop a strategy for conducting the analysis, you’re well on your way to improving your rankings.